A good turnout to the meeting last night – thanks all for turning out and not even receiving an Adobe pen in return!
Dariusz led us off with a demo of some apps for use by filmmakers, mostly for his swanky Samsung phone which even connects to the project, ooh.
This led on to the news of Adobe’s new Touch Apps family, mostly concerned with tablet use where you can really use your finger to paint, prototype etc. Adobe’s catching up here a bit, as there are plenty of sketching tools around, most notably for me Autodesk’s fantastic Sketchbook Mobile. Get it!
A brief mention of Adobe Edge – After Effects edging into the world of HTML/CSS ! Download the prerelease free now.
Alun then talked through his experiences trying to get an app going for Android. Notes to this, with links to most of the software and help mentioned are now up on Google Docs. Warning – this is very shorthand! This was part One of a series, next month I’ll be back with a bit more on how to make your HTML/CSS (Hybrid) App take advantage of the device. I like taking advantage of devices.
Richard Roaf then finished us off with a great talk on using cameras within After Effects for some neat effects. Here are the links to videos he demoed.
Global Action Plan Video
Smart Car Against Dumb
Creative Commons Images
Video Tutorial Websites
Our next meeting is at 7:30pm on Thursday 20th October at OFVM, 54 Catherine Street, Oxford.
It’s free, as usual, and we have a packed evening with:
- A short demo on Adobe Edge from Glenn Clarkson
Download the Preview at
- A newbie’s guide to creating an Android app using Adobe and not using Adobe with Alun Ward. Also, news about Adobe Muse and the Adobe Touch Apps. Is that enough Adobe for ya’?
- A review of smartphone apps which can make video production easier and a practical presentation of chosen Android and iPhone apps from Dariusz Dziala.
- 3D Motion Graphics in After Effects with Richard Roaf
Richard Roaf will talk about how to create a motion graphics project with Photoshop and After Effects and use the 3D function and camera function to create the appearance of 3D.
- A pint of Shires at the Rusty Bicycle.
Go on, like us and RSVP at http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=220065281383182
Premiere and Post on FB: www.facebook.com/groups/premiereandpostoxford/